Linear Approximation, Differentials, Tangent Line, Linearization, f(x), dy, dx - Calculus. This calculus video tutorial shows you how to find the linear approximation L(x) of a function f(x) at some point a. The linearization of f(x) is the tangent line function at f(a). This video also shows you how to find and evaluate the differential dy. It contains plenty of examples and practice problems.
Here is a list of topics:
1. How To Find the Linearization Function L(x) at point a
2. How To Use Linear Approximation to Estimate a Number
3. Tangent Line Equation - Point Slope Form - f(a), and f'(a)
4. Slope Functions and Derivatives
5. How To Find and Evaluate the Differential dy
6. dx, delta x, and delta y calculations
7. Sketching the curve with tangent line showing dx, dy, and delta y
8. Square Root Functions, Natural Log Functions, trig Functions such as tangent, cosine, and secant plus polynomial and radical function practice problems.
9. Volume of a sphere Differentials - dv and dr
Tags: Linear Approximation, Differentials, Tangent Line, Linearization, f(x), dy, dx - Calculus, linear approximation, tangent line approximation, linear approximation and differentials, linear approximation formula, tangent line, differentials, linearization formula, linearization, calculus, formula, practice, problems, examples, f(x), dy, dx, delta y, delta x, dv, dr, volume, sphere, linear, approximation, estimate, number, derivatives, L(x), f(a), f'(a), functions, square root, natural log, trig, radical functions